Monday, December 29, 2014

Caged Sanctuary by Tempeste O'Riley: Review, Playlist & Excerpt @TempesteO #NewRelease #BDSM #Romance

Cover Artist: DWS Photography
Caged Sanctuary
by Tempeste O’Riley

Genre: M/M Contemporary BDSM Romance
Kaden Thorn, a dental surgeon who lives a quiet life, has no hope of finding the love he craves. A vicious gay bashing cost him the use of his legs and confined him to a wheelchair. He has given up hope of finding a Dom or even a nonkink partner to love him. When his best friend practically forces him to attend a dinner party, the last thing he expects is a strong Dom who can see beyond his wheels. 

Deacon James is an architect and a demanding Dom, but he has spent the past couple of years without a sub or partner. When an employee invites him to a dinner party to meet his girlfriend, Deacon smells a setup but agrees anyway. He prides himself on being an excellent judge of character, and when he meets the younger dentist, he sees past the chair and finds a sweet submissive man who more than piques his interest.

Kade's fears and demons continue to haunt him, challenging Deacon to use everything he's learned as a Dom to earn Kade’s trust and submission. Deacon's determined, though, willing to battle all of it to have Kade by his side and at his feet.

Good morning and thank you for having me over, Carly! Today is release day for my newest story, Caged Sanctuary. As a treat, I’m kicking off my tour with a playlist just for you. I love music, as most of my friends know, lol, so Carly and I thought you might like to hear what inspired me while writing. 
I love such things as Pandora and Youtube for listenting to music. On Pandora, you can set a group, or a few, and it will pull other songs/groups that are similar J A feature I love! But for this, I’ll give you some of my favs for the story.
Depeche Mode - Master and Servant
Nine Inch Nails - Sin
Rihanna - S&M
Puddle of Mudd - Control
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
Lady GaGa - I Like It Rough
Muse - Madness
Godsmack - Voodoo
Enigma - Principles of Lust
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
Metric - Torture Me
Now, some of these may see logical, while others may make you scratch your head, but I promise, each one has a special place in my heart and on this list. 
Anything by Muse, Godsmack, and Depeche Mode will win my heart and get my creativity going! But, Closer, Sin, Voodoo, Madness, Master and Servant, and Personal Jesus are especially energizing and make me both want to dance (no one wants that, trust me) and write (a much better use of my energy... and safer ;) ) 
Now, NIN is on this list twice (in reality it should be on there a lot more!) but Sin and Closer are poiniant and well, who doesn’t want to ... after listening to Closer? 
Take a spin with your ears as you dive into Caged Sanctuary and enjoy! I hope you love my guys as much as I do and find reading time to be fun and kinky time too ;) 
Thanks to Carly’s Book Reviews for hosting me! Enjoy 

AFTER WORKING all day in the office Monday, Kade was disappointed that Deacon hadn’t called or texted. He’d probably changed his mind already, though Kade had hoped this time would be different.
Shortly after Kade made it home Monday night, his cell rang. He set his takeout on the counter in his kitchen and fished out his phone. The caller ID said Deacon (Sir), speeding his heart rate considerably.
After fumbling it once, he managed to answer the call. “Hello?”
“Hello, Kade. How are you this evening?” Deacon’s rich voice washed over Kade, raising goose bumps along his arms and sending a shiver down his spine.
“I’m fine, Sir. I just got home. How was your day?” It sounded lame to his ears, but he didn’t know what to ask. He didn’t know the man well, so he wasn’t too sure what to do. Well, that and it had been so long since he’d had anyone interested in him, he didn’t remember how to do this part anymore.
“Long,” Deacon replied, humor in his voice. “You have very protective friends, by the way.”
“Uh, I do?” The only friends Deacon knew were Katie and Dane, and they’d been the ones who set them up, so….
“Mmm, you do. Dane stopped by my office today at lunch to politely tell me he doesn’t care if I am his boss; I am not allowed to hurt you or use you in any way. I wanted to ask if that included the use of floggers, ropes, cuffs, spankings….”
A moan slipped through Kade’s lips before he thought to control his reaction. Ropes? Floggers?
“Oh, that’s a nice sound. You like the idea of me using those on you?” While the words were a question, the tone was a demand, one that shot straight to his groin, making him deliciously hard.
“Please?” Kade thought about how he’d been bound previously, but again his lack of usable legs crossed his mind. “Can, can you do that with me like I am?” he asked, afraid yet hopeful at the same time.
“Can and will, once we know each other a little more. I have such lovely plans for you, Kade. I’m pleased you crave what I want to give.”
The matter-of-fact way Deacon spoke made Kade wonder what he had planned for Friday, but he worried about pushing for too many details, not wishing to displease Deacon or seem too needy prior to working out the rules.
“Will we be playing Friday?” Please say yes!
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As a surgeon Kaden is calm, confident and in control. Refusing to let a wheelchair prevent him from achieving his professional goals was easy; facing those same challenges in his personal life and accepting his value as a submissive... not so much.  While his soul cries out for a Sir he can trust and serve, the rejection Kaden experienced upon returning to the BDSM scene after his injuries have forced him to give up on his dream.

Deacon has been without a boy for quite some time, preferring to wait for a relationship than spend his time chasing one night stands. He is immediately drawn to Kaden's sweet smile and the warmth that radiates from within his eyes, but quickly discovers that convincing the sexy submissive of his attraction is easier said that done.

Told primarily from Kaden's point of view, CAGED SANCTUARY is a sensual romance with vividly written scenes that bring the BDSM elements of this story to life. More importantly, it paints a stunning image of rebirth as Deacon and Kaden's relationship begins to unfurl, like a rose as it opens its petals to the sun. Deceptively fragile in appearance, their connection turns out to be unexpectedly strong, but even the most beautiful roses still have thorns. As demons from their pasts emerge, they must both face their fears in-order to take a chance at finding love.

The detailed storytelling captured my attention, the characters quickly won my heart, and the depth of emotion brought tears of both sorrow and joy to my eyes. CAGED SANCTUARY is a story I would highly recommend to any reader who love well written and realistic BDSM themes interwoven with real-life romance. I couldn't put it down!!

Tempeste O’Riley is an out and proud omnisexual / bi-woman whose best friend growing up had the courage to do what she couldn’t–defy the hate and come out. He has been her hero ever since.

Tempe is a hopeless romantic that loves strong relationships and happily-ever-afters. Though new to writing M/M, she has done many things in her life, though writing has always drawn her back–no matter what else life has thrown her way. She counts her friends, family, and Muse as her greatest blessings in life. She lives in Wisconsin with her children, reading, writing, and enjoying life.

Tempe is also a proud PAN member of Romance Writers of America®Rainbow Romance Writers, and WisRWA.

Website ♥ Twitter ♥ Google + ♥ DSP ♥ Blog
Resource Links:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it so much! <3

    ReplyDelete